Saturday, December 10, 2011

Radiation begins again

bummer, I just wrote a whole post and don't have a clue what happened.  I pushed something accidently and the whole thing disappeared.  Do not push the back arrow on your computer that erases it too.

3 days of Dr visits again this week.  Wednesday, I went to the Radiologist and found out I would be starting radiation again on Thursday.  So I had to get the "planning" done which includes;
lining up, photos, getting drawn on, getting sticky-ed, and a CT scan.
Thursday, I had Physical Therapy in the morning and left a little sore.  I returned for radiation in the afternoon.  Being the first time takes about an hour of laying flat on a metal table while they do more
lining up, more drawing on, xrays, actual radiation and tattoos.  The tattoos are usually pretty painless but the one in the middle of my chest he hit the bone and I about jumped off the table.  He said he was really sorry and I know he didn't mean to do that but ouch!
After Corey and I left we stopped and got something to eat and went home.  By the time we arrived home I could hardly move.  I don't know which was the reason PT or radiation but I slept for over 2 hours.  I also had a new side effect - feeling extremely nauseous.  I hope it's temporary.
Friday, after radiation Corey and I did a little Christmas shopping and again I was sooo tired after.  I have to learn my limits again.   And another evening of extreme nauseousness.  Don't like that.  I do have a med. that they gave me a while back for nauseous and tried it last night thankfully it helped some.
I also drove for the first time since September.  Corey, Jesse, Stuart, Mom and Chuck have been chauffeuring me around since then.  I will miss their company but radiation's 5 days a week - I need to be able to do this.
The people at radiation are extremely sweet and treat me like family.  Chris one of the techs, gave me a hug when he saw me and told me they would take good care of me.  Jared, one of the ones I feel like the grandma you see on tv who wants to fix him up with my daughter or niece cause he's got such a good heart and is a cutie, he's always super nice too.  And the girls, you just want to hug them all cause they're always trying to take good care of me.  They all say it's a big family there and they take care of their family.  Grateful this is where I was sent for this part of my recovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment