Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Today was day 14 of radiation. It's been easy as far as the treatment itself. The side effects not so much. I get zapped in the neck, ribs, boob, and left top of the leg bone. The neck one has made it really difficult to swallow so I've lost 5 lbs. which is fine by me I need to loose another 35 but the Dr. says not right now. The rib has actually gotten better I can sleep on that side now, yay! The leg one has been going out of joint and hurts but it feels like it may be on the mend, hopefully. Fatigue has been a pain. Tomorrow is the last day of the bone treatments but the boob continues for a total of 31 days.
I've learned a lot along the way. I've had a problem with pain on the right side/port side and asked the Radiologist about it. He was absolutely no help. So I went home and researched the pain medication I've been on and the port. I found out that both could have been part of the problem. I called the Oncologists office, she was out of town, so I told the nurse what was going on and she said I should have a dye test to see if there are any clots caused by the port. I also went off the pain medicine, not fun, and have been off for a week now. Some symptoms have decreased but the issues on the right side haven't. Tomorrow I will have the dye test done. Seriously though, I would like the port removed. If anyone is going through any of this please stand up for yourself. You are the only one who truly knows your body and when something isn't right.
Another thing I've been learning is take care of yourself, rest when you need to even if you don't want to, and don't allow yourself to go into isolation. I was on my way home from treatment Friday and felt a prodding to stop at my friend Tricia's. I thought I really didn't want to I wanted to go home, cry, and feel sorry for myself. I know some of you don't believe in God who read this but I do and I believe He very softly let me know it's not about isolation but relationship. I went to Tricia's and had a wonderful visit. Three of her grandchildren were there and her daughter Megan and they all just made me feel so much better. Little Oliver is some awesome medicine. They all were! And I am thankful for them.
Megan and Oliver. I wish I'd taken pictures of the girls.

I also spent Monday at Mom and Dad's and Jesse went to which is more good medicine and had a blessed time while there.
Today I stopped by Tracy's, again I thought about not but the isolation vs. relationship thing came back into my head. I had a healing time painting, creating, and just getting inspiration, which you can read about on my other blog, waterwalker-firefly.
Thanks everybody for helping me feel better.

2 comments:

  1. We were all SO HAPPY you stopped by and hope you continue to do so!

    ReplyDelete