Thursday, July 7, 2011

Today I thought I was going to the Dr. to finish doing
whatever they needed to do to get ready to start radiation
treatments. They did do that but they also did a treatment.
When I got there this kid came into the waiting room, and I mean
kid, and introduced himself to me and told me he was going
to be part of the team that will be taking care of my treatments.
He explained to me why they're going through my front to
treat my spine. Sorry I don't remember the explanation though
it did make a lot of sense at the time. They are also going through
the back too. I'm getting radiated in 5 places front and back.
I got 10 tattoos, blue freckles. There were 5 kids working on
me finishing scans, doing the treatments and tattooing me.
I say kids because they were all, had to be, under the age of 24.
One of the guys was funny, he started singing with the country
music cd. I think they thought because I was older I would like
country music. Finally they asked if I did - I said no so they
changed it to some other old stuff that I didn't like either.
They told me to bring in a cd. I told them all my music's on
my ipod. I don't think they thought older people used ipods.
I should bring it and play my music. I think it would surprise them.
I have to say it's very unnerving to be surrounded by
a bunch of kids when your half naked and they're singing
and joking. I know they were trying to make me more
comfortable and they were very sweet, all of them, but it
was just weird. Tomorrow's treatment #2 out of 31, hopefully
they will be side effect free and country music free.
I really shouldn't say that I do like some of it just not
what they were playing.

No comments:

Post a Comment