Sunday, August 21, 2011

It's been one of those weeks where I had a Dr.'s appointment everyday
except Friday. It wore me out. I've been very tired this weekend. I
thought a beach trip would make me feel rested. It calms me, slows me
down, makes me happy, but it didn't take away my exhaustion. I guess
I need to sleep for a week. This week I finished radiation which is an absolute yay!
I had an MRI to make sure there weren't any new tumors on my spine. After 3 1/2 weeks
of radiation he said the one I have looks exactly the same. He said it would
take time to see changes. I wonder how long? I had an appointment with the
Oncologist and she gave me my new prescription so I can grow a beard.
Just kidding, an estrogen blocker. Not sure how I feel about this.
She also told me I'm not supposed to be bending over.
Wish I'd known that sooner. I also found out I'm not supposed
to have my blood pressure taken, or blood withdrawn, or shots in the
arm I had lymph nodes removed from. Wish I'd known that sooner
too because all the above have been done from that arm.

I'm trying to eat the way the book- my regular Dr. told me to get
"Beating cancer with nutrition" - says to eat. It's hard to do, no
sugar, white flour, processed, chemical, as close to the way it
comes from nature - I do feel lighter - but sometimes I just
want chocolate or a burger. Sorry I don't like dark chocolate, never have.
I found out my vitamix isn't broken like I thought, just the wet blender jar.
The dry blender jar works and I tried it to make tomato soup and it
worked fine, yay! He recommends getting a vitamix in the book
and using it instead of a juicer. He said juicers get rid of the healthiest
part of the fruit or vegetable. He also said if you can't afford organic
produce soak it in 1 gallon of warm water mixed with 2 tablespoons vinegar.
That's supposed to remove the external chemicals.
This week should be interesting. I don't have to go to radiation.
It will feel strange not going every morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment