Monday, June 13, 2011

So I'll start at the beginning. Last year I was rear ended twice on the same road within 9 days.
The first time it was raining and the car behind me just kind of slid under the bus when I stopped at the light. I didn't even feel it but heard it.
The 2nd time it was bright daylight, 9:30ish in the morning and I was sitting stopped at a light. I remember looking in the rear view mirror, seeing nothing behind me, relaxing a little because I was nervous to be on this road after the accident, and then BOOM a lady going about 50mph hit me. I had been sitting up straight - when it happened - the next thing I knew my face was about an inch from the steering wheel, and I thought, "What the heck just happened?"
Anyway, making a long story short, I suffered back, neck and shoulder problems from the accident. I went to the Dr. a couple of times and since I had summer off - he and I both thought I might be able to get better before school started again.
Let me say I absolutely hate going to the Dr. and put off going back until I could no longer take the pain in my back. I was actually crying at night after work. When I went back to the Dr. he did find problems with my back caused by the accident but then in an MRI found something odd on one of my bones. He said he thought it might be a tumor.
This terrified me. He decided to do other tests to check the rest of my bones and found 2 more tumors. He told me I needed to go to my family practitioner for further testing.
She sent me to have a cat scan. I remember the next day her office called me and the nurse said, "The radiologist called and it doesn't look good. He found a tumor in your breast and thinks that's where the other tumors are coming from."
That's where I'll end this post except to say the weird thing in all this - the Dr.'s have said none of the pain I've experienced is caused by any of the tumors. So if I hadn't been hurt in the accident this might have gone undetected for some time.

No comments:

Post a Comment