Saturday, September 24, 2011

Thursday was a fun day spent at the Dr. asking lots of questions about lots of problems, talking about work, (which she said going back in November probably not), and going to the hospital to get checked for blood clots in the neck and arm. Thankfully, no blood clots. What was supposed to be a couple hour visit turned into most of the day.
Friday another fun day at the Dr. because my health insurance won't let me do a Dr. visit and treatment on the same day, stupid - more money for both of us. The treatment was my first. They accessed my port to do the meds and fluids. As soon as they started, I had extreme heat in my heart and I couldn't breath. She stopped it immediately and found the Dr. who decided I needed to do a port test at the hospital but before the test they decided to do the treatment through an IV. She couldn't get the vein in my hand to work, ouch!!! So she had to find another vein in my arm.
After an hour and half of treatment (which was more like 4 hours because of all the problems) I had to go to the hospital for a port test. They didn't find any leaks and said I probably have to try laying flat during treatments. Ok then. So another trip back to the Dr.'s office to get the port de-accessed. And another 2 hour appointment turned into an all day - fun time. I will say all the staff is super sweet and do their best to treat me well.

No comments:

Post a Comment